Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Where I've Lived.

Megan was giving me the rundown of how many places she's lived and how many people she's lived with, and I was inspired. Here is my tally. This is such a zine-y thing.

Chicago
Hyde Park
mom and dad
the townhouse next door to Greer
mom and dad and baby sister

Minneapolis
4849 S. Vincent (the first address I had to memorize, and a crappy duplex where, as I learned years later, the upstairs neighbors stole our electricty using an extension cord and I do remember when the upstairs toilet overflowed through our bedroom ceiling and Mrs. Core the babysitter panicked)
mom dad sister
201 Valley View Place
mom dad sister
do we count dad's apartments? Bloomington, Deephaven...
then he bought the house on 54th St.

Bard
four different dorm rooms (with crazy girl, then Brenda, then by myself)

Minneapolis
the apartment with Chris and Pauline

Seattle
that apartment in Maple Leaf with three people whose names I don't remember
the apartment in Fremont with Susan

back to Bard
Tivoli with Liz and Patricia, then with Liz, Lauren and Kate in the closet
Red Hook with LJ

Portland
the shack with insane cat (who may or may not count as a roommate--but pets are not otherwise included in the above lists [Apple Annabel the second, Casey, Tikki Tikki Tembo No Sa Rembo Charri Barri Buchi Pip Perri Pembo, etc.] so disregard in full count please)
northeast with LJ
31st and Burnside with LJ

Brooklyn
Franklin and Hancock with the Japanese craigslist roommate--Naeko, I think?
Hancock with Laurice (also a craigslist roommate but more too) and Ruby

Syracuse
that apartment across from Thornden Park with Tiara
Sarah and Hannah and Dan's house briefly, then...
Sarah and Hannah's house for two years (except for living with Laurice in there for the brain tumor summer, plus her roommate... whose name I don't remember)

Brooklyn again
Hancock with Laurice again
Hancock with Andrea
Hancock with Nick

next Portland again


So I've had 24 homes, and I've lived with 26 different people. Assuming memory serves, and assuming we count even those people with whom I lived relatively briefly (all of them at least a month...?)

No comments: