Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lisa is over Kara Walker

Too fried (and lazy?) to actually sit here and write like I said I was going to, I have been checking Facebook status updates, and then Lisa's effectively kept me procrastinating: "Lisa Alison Thompson is officially OVER Kara Walker and her 'imagined' reality. I've had enough...quit haunting me with your gap ad." So I go to YouTube, and there are no results for "Kara Walker Gap Ad," but searching just "Kara Walker" brings up a bunch of stuff including "mica's dance":




which actually even sort of makes me appreciate Ms. Walker more than I have been (after going to the show twice, first by myself, and then with the cranky Ms. Tompkins and the perpetually crankier LJ). But no Gap ad. However, there is another video on YouTube entitled, simply, "I Love Kara Walker," which would be painful except for the contrast--& okay, it is still painful:



It's almost too easy to embed videos off of YouTube. But it also one of the biggest joys of a blog, far as I can tell. Especially for someone like me who clearly, vis a vis my previous post, doesn't really get how to do this or why or something like that. I like zines better, being the old-fashioned girl that I am. Except that this is easier, no folding or mailing or visits to the post office. Plus, like I said, you can embed video.

But Lisa--are you making this Gap ad shit up? Is this me being obtuse and you have a better deeper sense of humor than me? Plus I'm a white girl so I just can't get it?

No comments: