Saturday, January 19, 2008

Status Updates Aren't Enough

I haven't made zines in too long, and I'm teaching sixth grade at a brand new public school, a start-up where we are trying to do everything right and making some impressive mistakes in the process, so the essays (not to mention the stories, not to mention the novels) are not getting written--there are lots of notes, lots of rough drafts, and no time to take them where I want them to go. Since joining Facebook for the online scrabble, I have been spending more time crafting my status updates, fitting what I want into the number of characters allotted--and my text messages read much the same way. So maybe this will serve a function currently going un(der)served. We'll see.

1 comment:

--Kathleen Culla Valle said...

I hope the blog helps. I know how the teaching sucks all of our creativity---resulting in a lack of our own creative outlets. . . Start blogging and keep writing! Go go go ....