Saturday, February 9, 2008

Observed on the Street: "Take It Slow"

So this little girl, maybe eight, is waiting for her mom to quit talking to the neighbor they ran into on the street, and while she waits she is busting out in a dance clearly practiced, singing along with the video playing in her head: "I gotta take it slow, take it slow, when it gets too fast I'm gonna take it slow." She is rocking out, and I'm like, "oh, that's cute!" I left a message for my sister about it: "Better that than me and 'Material Girl' at the same age, right?" but then I google the song, and realize I've totally seen this video. The YouTube "video" is just a six-minute still, so I won't link it (couldn't find it anywhere else!), but the lyrics make the point. Not so much better than "Material Girl", actually. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that this would've been a much more disturbing song to dance to in the fourth grade talent show.

No comments: